Coconut milk contains many vitamins, minerals and electrolytes, including potassium, calcium and chloride.
- 1 cup chopped fresh coconut*
- 1 cup hot water
- Place coconut and hot water in blender container. Cover and blend on high
speed until coconut is finely chopped.
- Strain through several layers of cheesecloth.
- Cover and refrigerate no longer than 48 hours.
* To open coconut, puncture eyes of coconut with ice pick; drain
liquid. Bake coconut at 375 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove
from oven. Tap shell with hammer to open. Cut meat out of shell.
Pare brown skin from coconut meat.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.