Cold Sesame Noodles (China)
For perfect sesame noodles, do not dress noodles more than 30
minutes in advance, or they will absorb too much dressing.
- 1 pound fresh wheat noodles, thin spaghetti
noodles or ramen noodles
- 1/4 cup Asian sesame oil
- 1/4 cup
- 2 tablespoons sesame paste
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Boil the noodles until done (8 minutes or so). Drain and rinse under cold running
water. Drain well, then toss in 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 2 tablespoons
sesame oil. Cover and chill about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl,
whisk together sesame paste and 3 tablespoons warm water until smooth.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar,
cayenne, salt and minced garlic.
- Just before serving, toss cold noodles
with the sesame dressing.
Peanut butter can be used too, but
do use Asian sesame oil.