Cold Sesame Noodles (China)
For perfect sesame noodles, do not dress noodles more than 30
minutes in advance, or they will absorb too much dressing.
- 1 pound fresh wheat noodles, thin spaghetti noodles or ramen noodles
- 1/4 cup Asian sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame paste
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Boil the noodles until done (8 minutes or so). Drain and rinse under cold running
water. Drain well, then toss in 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 2 tablespoons
sesame oil. Cover and chill about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sesame paste and 3 tablespoons warm water until smooth.
Add remaining 2 tablespoons sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar,
cayenne, salt and minced garlic.
- Just before serving, toss cold noodles with the sesame dressing.
Peanut butter can be used too, but do use Asian sesame oil.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes