Crispy Mandarin Riblets
No one will be able to resist these delicious rib pieces, especially when served
with Mandarin Peach Sauce. Add warm rolls and steamed corn-on-the cob to complete
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, sawed in thirds across bones*
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Mandarin Peach Sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Ribs: Cut ribs into 1-rib pieces. Place in steamer basket or on steamer rack.
Set basket over boiling water; cover pan and steam 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine soy sauce, sherry and garlic in large bowl; add ribs and stir
to coat each rib well. Marinate 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Remove ribs from marinade (discard marinade) and place, meaty side up, on rack
of broiler pan. Bake in 425 degree F oven 15 minutes, or until brown and crispy.
Serve with warm
- Mandarin Peach Sauce: Place peaches in blender container. Cover and process on
high speed until smooth; pour into small saucepan. Combine tariyaki sauce and cornstarch;
stir into peaches with sugar fennel, pepper and cloves. Bring to boil over medium
heat. Simmer until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove
from heat and stir in garlic powder.
Prep time 10 minutes | Cook time 45 minutes
Serves 6; 1 cup sauce
* Ask your butcher to cut spareribs in thirds across the bones.
Nutrition per serving plus 3 tablespoons sauce: Calories: 564 calories Protein:
36 grams Fat: 36 grams Sodium: 950 milligrams Cholesterol: 143 milligrams Saturated
Fat: 13 grams Carbohydrates: 19 grams
Nutritional values 1/4 cup serving sauce: Calories: 100 calories Protein:
1 grams Fat: 0 grams Sodium: 470 milligrams Cholesterol: 0 milligrams Saturated
Fat: 0 grams Carbohydrates: 23 grams
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the
National Pork Board.