- 14 ounces (400g) lean boneless beef
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 3 cups (750ml) vegetable oil for deep-frying; uses about 2 1/2 oz (75cml)
- 2 ounces (60ml) clear stock
tablespoons curry oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (corn flour) dissolved in 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon hot red chile pepper,
- Cut beef into 1-inch square chunks.
the oil in a wok over low heat to very hot, 350 degrees F (180 degrees
C). Deep-fry the beef until it is cooked through. Remove beef, drain,
and set aside.
- Pour the oil out of the wok, leaving a thin
film on the bottom. Reheat until a haze appears on the oil surface.
Add the curry oil, ginger, garlic, onion, chili pepper, rice wine,
stock, salt, MSG (optional) and sugar.
- Stir the cornstarch to blend
and add. Add the beef, stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until the sauce
- Sprinkle with sesame oil and serve.
Posted by WingsFan91 at Recipe Goldmine 9/5/2001 8:27 am.