Dandan Mian (Spicy Peanut Noodles)
Dandan are wooden buckets, one on each end of a pole carried
across the shoulders, from which vendors used to sell this snack
in the streets of Chengdu.
- 1/2 pound Chinese flat wheat
noodles, or linguine
- 2 tablespoons tahini, or peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon ground Sichuan red peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Chinese or white
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed roasted peanuts
- Boil the noodles.
- Combine tahini, Sichuan pepper, garlic, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and sesame
- When the noodles are done, drain and toss them with
the tahini mixture.
- Sprinkle crushed roasted peanuts on top before
Posted by WingsFan91 at recipegoldmine.com 9/5/2001 8:19