Deep-Fried Wonton Cookies (Teem Gok)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped prunes or dried apples
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 24 wonton skins
- Vegetable oil
- Mix prunes, apricots, broth sugar, coconut and almonds. Place about 2 teaspoons
mixture in center of each wonton skin. Moisten edges with water. Fold each skin
in half to form triangle; press edges firmly to seal. Cover to prevent drying.
- Heat 1 to 1 1/2 inches oil to 360 degrees F.
- Fry 3 to 4 wontons at a time, turning
occasionally, until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side; drain. Cool thoroughly
and stir in airtight container.
- Serve with ice cream or sherbet if desired.
Makes about 24 cookies
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.