Easy Chop Suey
- 2 cups leftover beef, chicken or pork
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups celery
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper (or both)
- 1 cup canned mushrooms, sliced (or cooked fresh)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small can bean sprouts (optional) or use fresh
- Slice meat thinly. Combine soy sauce and sugar with the meat and stir. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil; add onion and garlic. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes and add meat and soy mixture. Stir, cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add vegetables and stir together. Add 1 cup water mixed with the cornstarch, salts and pepper. Add bean sprouts. Stir and cover. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve over fluffy cooked rice.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 8/17/02 8:29:50 am.
Photo credit: like_the_grand_canyon / CC BY