This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Easy Coconut Jelly
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 sachets powdered gelatin (just shy of 4 tablespoons)
- 3 cups cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups canned pineapple chunks in sweetened juice
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries with stems
- Begin by blooming the gelatin. In a small bowl, add the water and
slowly pour in the gelatin powder, stirring well until fully incorporated.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the coconut cream
and milk. Stir well with a whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer then
stir in the gelatin mixture. Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce
the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spray an 8 x 8-inch nonstick square cake pan with a little nonstick
spray (this will help hold down the plastic wrap). Line the cake
pan with plastic wrap (1 sheet across 1 way and another sheet across
the other way, works well), leaving enough overhang so you can pick
the jelly up from the pan. Give the coconut mixture a final whisk
and pour it into the lined pan. Allow to cool slightly before putting
it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove the jelly from pan using the plastic wrap and invert
it onto a cutting board. Remove the plastic wrap and discard. Using
a hot knife cut the jelly into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
- Serve in small
bowls with chilled pineapple chunks, pineapple juice and maraschino