Easy Coconut Jelly
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 sachets powdered gelatin (just shy of 4 tablespoons)
- 3 cups cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups canned pineapple chunks in sweetened juice
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries with stems
- Begin by blooming the gelatin. In a small bowl, add the water and
slowly pour in the gelatin powder, stirring well until fully incorporated.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the coconut cream
and milk. Stir well with a whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer then
stir in the gelatin mixture. Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce
the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spray an 8 x 8-inch nonstick square cake pan with a little nonstick
spray (this will help hold down the plastic wrap). Line the cake
pan with plastic wrap (1 sheet across 1 way and another sheet across
the other way, works well), leaving enough overhang so you can pick
the jelly up from the pan. Give the coconut mixture a final whisk
and pour it into the lined pan. Allow to cool slightly before putting
it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove the jelly from pan using the plastic wrap and invert
it onto a cutting board. Remove the plastic wrap and discard. Using
a hot knife cut the jelly into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
- Serve in small
bowls with chilled pineapple chunks, pineapple juice and maraschino
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.