Five Spice Chicken (Wu Hsiang Chi)
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed aniseed
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- Place chicken pieces in a dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate, basting periodically, for at least 1 hour. Place chicken in an ungreased
13 x 9-inch baking dish. Brush marinade on chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, basting twice more during baking.