Five Spice Chicken (Wu Hsiang Chi)
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed aniseed
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- Place chicken pieces in a dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate, basting periodically, for at least 1 hour. Place chicken in an ungreased
13 x 9-inch baking dish. Brush marinade on chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, basting twice more during baking.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.