You will only bake two cookies at a time so that the circles don't harden before they are formed.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Write or type some fortunes on 1/2 x 2-inch strips of paper. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a pencil, draw two
3-1/2-inch circles on a sheet of parchment paper. Place paper, pencil mark down,
on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg white and vanilla extract until
- Add flour; mix well. Spread 1 tablespoon batter over each circle. Bake
for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Slide parchment paper onto a work surface. Cover one cookie with a
kitchen towel. Place a fortune in the center of the other cookie; loosen
cookie from parchment paper with a thin well-sprayed spatula. Fold cookie in
half over fortune strip so the edges meet; hold edges together for 3
- Place center of cookie over the rim of a measuring cup or glass; gently
press ends down to bend cookie in middle. Let cool for 1 minute before
removing to a wire rack.
- Repeat with second cookie. If cookies become too cool to fold, return to
oven to soften for 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter and fortunes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.