- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
- 8 ounces cooked pork, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces cooked, cleaned shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 8 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine water and salt in 3-quart saucepan. Cover and cook over
high heat until boiling. Stir in rice. Cover; reduce heat and
simmer until rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain rice.
- Cook bacon in wok over medium heat, stirring frequently until
crisp. Drain bacon.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings from wok.
- Beat eggs and pepper with fork. Pour 1/3of the egg mixture into
wok. Tilt wok slightly so egg mixture covers bottom. Cook over
medium heat until eggs are set, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove eggs
from wok, roll up and cut into thin strips.
- Pour 1/2 tablespoon
of the oil into wok. Add 1/3 of the remaining egg mixture, tilt
wok and cook until eggs are set.
- Remove eggs, roll up and cut
thinly. Repeat procedure with 1/2 tablespoon of the remaining
oil and remaining eggs. Remove eggs from wok and cut thinly.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the ginger to wok. Stir
fry over medium-high heat 1 minute. Stir in rice. Cook and stir
- Stir in bacon, pork, shrimp, onions and soy sauce.
Cook and stir until hot throughout.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes