I struggled with fried rice for many years before asking the
owner of the local Chinese joint.
Two tips...use day old rice. This allows the rice to separate
very nicely and dry out a bit.
Scramble the egg BEFORE adding to the mixture. This place actually
makes it like an omelet without turning it over and then they
chop it up very fine. If you add the eggs to the mixture without
cooking them, they will end up binding everything together.
So, following those guidelines, here is my favorite recipe...
- 2 cups day-old rice
- 1/4 pound butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 small can water chestnuts
- 1 small can mushrooms
- 6 green onions
- 1/2 package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- Scramble the eggs and chop finely.
- Melt butter and let it start to brown. Add the rice, eggs, water
chestnuts and mushrooms. Fry together, add soy sauce and let
- Just prior to serving, add green onions and peas.
Posted by Kevin Taylor, the BBQ Guru, at Recipe Goldmine May 14, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes