- 2 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces fresh ginger root, pared and cut into thin slices
- 1 pound beef tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 6 scallions
- 1 red chile pepper, cut into thin slices (optional)
- Combine vinegar,
sugar and salt in small glass or plastic bowl. Stir until sugar
dissolves. Mix in ginger. Let stand 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Cut meat across the grain into thin slices about 1 1/2 inches long.
- Combine sherry, cornstarch and soy sauce in medium glass or
plastic bowl. Mix in meat. Let stand 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in wok over high heat. Add 1/3
of the meat, spreading slices out in wok so they do not overlap.
Cook until meat is brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove meat
from pan. Repeat procedure twice with remaining meat.
- Remove seeds from bell pepper. Cut bell pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut onions into 1-inch pieces.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in wok.
Add pepper, onions and ginger mixture with marinade to wok. Stir
fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Return meat
to wok. Cook and stir until hot throughout. Garnish with chile slices,
Makes 4 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.