Ginger Scallion Chicken (China)
- 1 (3 pound) broiler-fryer chicken
- 1 (2 x 1-inch) piece fresh ginger root, cut into thin slices
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 8 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated pared fresh ginger root
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Steamed Rice
- Remove giblets from chicken and reserve for another use. Rinse
chicken and place in large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add sliced ginger,
1 teaspoon of the salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and enough water
to cover chicken. Cover and bring to boil over high heat. Reduce
heat and simmer until tender, about 40 minutes. Let chicken stand
in water until cool.
- Drain chicken and refrigerate until
cold. Cut chicken into serving-size pieces. Combine remaining 1/4
teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper with remaining ingredients
in a jar with lid. Cover jar and shake well. Refrigerate 1 to 2
- Place chicken pieces in serving bowl. Shake oil-ginger
mixture and pour over chicken.
- Serve with steamed rice.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.