Healthy Chinese Orange Chicken
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper flakes
- 1 cup sliced green onions or scallions
- 1 tablespoon sake (rice wine)
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice of 1 fresh orange (or about 3 tablespoons orange juice)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- Orange zest from 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Mix together ingredients for Orange Sauce. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in
a wok over high heat. Add minced ginger and garlic, stirring about 30
seconds. Add chicken to wok and cook.
- Add the dried red chiles
and chopped green onion. Sauté again, then pour in the rice wine. Add
orange sauce to wok and stir well.
- Make a slurry with cornstarch
and water and mix until smooth. Add to wok and stir until the orange
- Before serving, stir in sesame oil and grated orange zest.
- Serve over steamed rice.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.