Homemade Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 pound shucked oysters with liquid
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- Drain oysters and reserve the liquid. Mince oysters and place
in a saucepan. Add water and reserved liquid and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 10 minutes. Remove from heat,
then add salt and cool completely.
- Force the mixture through
a fine sieve into sauce pan. Measure the liquid, adding 2 tablespoons
light soy sauce to each 1/2 cup. Add dark soy sauce and bring to
- Reduce heat and simmer gently for about 7 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature and pour into a sterilized jar.
- Seal and store in the refrigerator.
This sauce can be kept for several weeks.