Honey Chili Chicken (China)
- 1 (3 pound) broiler-fryer chicken
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons Chinese chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated pared fresh ginger root
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 scallions, cut in thin lengthwise slices
- Remove giblets from chicken. Rinse
chicken and cut into small serving-size pieces.
- Combine flour and
salt. Coat chicken pieces with flour mixture. Heat oil in wok over
high heat until it reaches 375 degrees F. Add chicken pieces, one
at a time, to hot oil (cook only 1/3 of the pieces at a time). Cook
until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Pour all but 1 tablespoon of the
oil out of wok. Combine water, lemon juice, cornstarch, chili sauce
and soy sauce. Add ginger to oil in wok. Stir fry 1 minute. Add
honey to ginger. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add cornstarch-chili mixture
to honey and ginger. Cook and stir until mixture boil, about 1 minute.
Stir chicken piece into chili mixture. Cook and stir until chicken
is hot throughout, about 3 minutes. Stir in onions. Cook and stir
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.