Hot and Sour Egg Drop Soup
Try this quick and soothing soup before an Asian-style meal. The eggs, bamboo
shoots, carrots and mushrooms offer a pleasing texture to chicken broth.
- 2 (14 to 14-1/2 ounce) cans ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- Combine broth, bamboo shoots, carrots, peas, mushrooms, vinegar, soy sauce and
pepper in large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix water and cornstarch in small bowl until dissolved.
- Slowly stir into hot soup.
- While gently stirring soup, slowly pour in eggs.
- Remove from heat immediately and serve.
10m Prep Time | 10m Cook Time | Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo credit: American Egg Board