Hou See Soong
- 4 ounces dried oysters
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 2 large dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked, finely diced
- 1/4 cup minced bamboo shoots, finely diced
- 1/4 cup water chestnuts, finely diced
- 1/4 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup of crushed roasted peanuts (optional)
- Lettuce leaves
- Hoisin sauce, for dipping (optional)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- 2 tablespoons soaking water from oysters
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Soak oysters in water at least 6 hours, or overnight. Drain well,
reserving 2 tablespoons of soaking water. Remove any stringy parts, then dice.
- Combine sauce ingredients ; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok. Add ginger and stir-fry until
fragrant. Add pork and stir-fry until no longer pink. Stir in diced
oysters, then bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, celery and green onion.
Add sauce; stir-fry 2 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve on a platter, garnished with cilantro and peanuts, with lettuce
on the side. Spoon mixture onto a lettuce leaf, roll up and dip in hoisin.
Approximate nutritional analysis, per serving, without hoisin
or peanuts: 270 calories, 17 g total fat, 5 g saturated fat, 75
mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 18 g protein
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.