This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Indonesian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked smoked ham
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5 ounce) can tiny shrimp, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Cook and stir onions in oil in 12-inch skillet until tender.
- Add rice, ham,
curry powder, coriander, cumin and salt. Cook and stir until rice
is golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and parsley. Cover and cook 1 minute.
Yields 6 servings.