Jade Stir-Fry with Cashews or Almonds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1/4 cup raw cashews or whole blanched almonds
- 8 cups assorted vegetables, thinly sliced*
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Steamed rice
* choose from carrots, mushrooms, bell pepper, snow peas, celery,
broccoli florets and green beans
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil and the garlic in large nonstick skillet
over medium heat. Add nuts; cook and toss about 8 minutes until
lightly browned, removing garlic after 4 minutes. Remove nuts with
slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to skillet; increase heat to high and add
vegetables. Stir-fry, tossing often, about 5 minutes until crisp-tender.
Reduce heat to medium.
- In small bowl combine water, soy sauce, cornstarch and hot chili
sauce; mix thoroughly. Add soy sauce mixture to vegetables in pan;
cook about 2 minutes until heated through and slightly thickened.
Season with salt and pepper. Mix in cashews.
- Serve with steamed rice.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.