Korean Braised Short Ribs
Serve this with cooked cellophane noodles, dipped into the cooking
- 4 pounds beef short ribs, cut into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground sesame seed*
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger root or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Trim fat from beef ribs; place beef in shallow non-reactive dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients; pour over beef.
- Cover and refrigerate, turning occasionally, 24 hours.
- Drain beef, reserving marinade. Cook beef in 4-quart Dutch oven
over medium heat until brown; drain.
- Pour marinade over beef.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F until tender, about 2 hours.
Yields 4 to 6 servings.
* Ground sesame seed is available in Oriental food specialty
stores and some supermarkets. Whole sesame seed can be ground
in the blender: 1 tablespoon whole sesame seed yields 2 tablespoons
ground sesame seed.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.