Korean Hot Beef Soup
- 4 ounces flank steak, trimmed of all fat
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 10 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 mushrooms, quartered
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 8 ounces tofu, cubed
- Freeze the beef until firm enough to slice easily, about 30
- Cut beef across the grain into paper-thin slices and then
into 1-inch lengths.
- In a pie plate, combine the garlic, soy sauce, ginger, mustard
and sesame oil. Add the beef and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine the stock, cabbage, scallions,
mushrooms, and vinegar. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, sear the
beef until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add to the soup,
along with any pan juices. Add the tofu. Cook for 5 minutes
to heat through.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.