Korean Marinade and Basting Sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 scallions (with tops), minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced ginger root
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon flour
- To use, make deep cuts in 4 pounds of meaty beef short ribs
so the meat will absorb the marinade. Rub well with sugar and
oil and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Combine Marinade ingredients,
pour over ribs, and let stand for 1 hour.
- Bake or barbecue, turning and basting frequently with marinade,
for 20 to 30 minutes or until meat is cooked.