Korean Taco with Florida Citrus Kimchi
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Florida orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 pounds beef short ribs, boneless, thinly sliced
Florida Citrus Kimchi
- 1 cup Kimchi (Korean spicy pickled cabbage)
- 1/4 cup Florida orange segments
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- Prepare Marinade: Combine all ingredients in a bowl; mix thoroughly to combine.
- Place short ribs in a nonmetallic dish. Pour marinade over short ribs; cover
and refrigerate. Marinate at least three hours or preferably overnight.
- Prepare Florida Citrus Kimchi: Combine all ingredients in bowl; toss to combine.
- Drain marinade from short ribs; discard marinade. Grill short rib slices over
medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove cooked slices from grill; place
on cutting board. Slice short rib slices crossways into small, bite-sized pieces
- To assemble tacos, heat tortillas over medium heat on the grill or in a sauté
pan. Place a small amount of shredded cabbage in the center of each tortilla; top
with 1/4 cup short rib meat and 2 tablespoons Florida Citrus Kimchi.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Department of Citrus.