Kung Pao Beef
- 1 pound beef boneless sirloin or flank steak
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash white pepper
- 2 hot green chiles
- 2 green onions (with
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon
finely chopped ginger root
- 2 tablespoons brown bean sauce
- 1/2 cup diced canned bamboo shoots
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup
skinless raw peanuts, roasted
- Trim fat from beef steak;
cut beef into 3/4-inch cubes. Toss beef, 1 tablespoon oil, the cornstarch,
salt and white pepper in glass or plastic bowl. Cover and refrigerate
- Cut chiles into thin slices (remove seeds and
membrane if desired).
- Cut onions diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut bell pepper into 3/4 inch squares.
- Heat 12-inch skillet
or wok until very hot. Add 2 tablespoons oil; rotate skillet to
coat bottom. Add beef; stir-fry 2 minutes or until beef is brown.
Remove beef from skillet.
- Heat skillet until very hot. Add
2 tablespoons oil; rotate skillet to coat bottom. Add chiles, garlic,
ginger root, bean sauce and bamboo shoots; stir-fry 1 minute.
beef, bell pepper and sugar; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Stir in onions.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.
Posted by WingsFan91 at Recipe Goldmine 9/5/2001,8:35 am.