Leeann Chin's Sesame Chicken
This is the best Sesame Chicken recipe! It's from a Leeann Chin
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Vegetable oil for the wok
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Remove bone and skin from chicken, cut into 2 x 1/2-inch strips.
Mix with the first 8 ingredients (egg through white pepper); stir
in chicken. Cover and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Mix 1/2 cup water and 1/4 cup cornstarch. Heat next ingredients (sugar through garlic) until boiling. Stir in cornstarch mixture.
Remove from heat; keep warm. Heat vegetable oil (about 1 1/2 inches
deep) to 350 degrees F. Fry about 10 pieces of chicken, adding 1
at a time, 3 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oil and drain
on paper towels. Repeat until all chicken is done.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F. Fry about 1/2 the chicken 1 minute, or
until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on towel. Repeat with
remaining chicken. Heat sauce to boiling, pour over chicken and
sprinkle on sesame seeds.
Good when made with fun see noodles. Cook those before you do the chicken.
Posted by liz at recipegoldmine.com.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.