Lemon Chicken Hunan Style
Hunan Province is the home of the sweet and sour sauce.
- 3 large chicken breasts, boned and skinned, cut in half
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Chicken: Mix flour, egg, baking soda,
cornstarch, oil, salt and soy sauce. Dip chicken into batter and
fry until golden. Drain.
- Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch slices.
Arrange on a heated platter. Keep warm.
- Pour Lemon Sauce over and garnish with lemon slices.
- Lemon Sauce: Heat water, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey,
ketchup, chicken bouillon, salt and garlic to boiling. Mix cornstarch and
water and stir in. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until thickened.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes