- 3 pounds chicken breasts, boned
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In large bowl, combine chicken with sherry, soy sauce and salt;
let it marinate for 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat eggs, cornstarch and baking powder to form batter.
- In a wok, heat 2 cups oil to 350 degrees F.
- Coat chicken with batter; fry
until browned. Cut into bite size pieces.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt.
Cut lemon into thin slices.
- In a wok, heat the two tablespoons
of oil; add lemon slices and stir fry for 30 seconds. Slowly stir
in cornstarch mixture. Stir until sauce is clear. Pour sauce over
chicken. Ready to serve.
Posted by WingsFan91 at Recipe Goldmine 9/5/2001 8:12 am.
>> Asian Recipes