Lotus Flowers (China)
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and finely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts, drainednd finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Chinese wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 egg white, beaten until stiff
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Oil (for deep frying)
- Mix together the shrimp, water chestnuts, scallions, wine, ginger,
salt and pepper. Fold in the beaten egg white and the cornstarch.
Roll into balls the size of walnuts.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying
pan to a temperature of 350 degrees F and fry the balls a few at
a time until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
Makes 12 to 15 fritters.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.