- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, chicken breasts, legs or wings, cut to bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons corn flour to coat chicken
- 2 cups oil for deep frying
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 can lychees, drained, syrup reserved
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes
- Sliced spring onion and red chile (for garnish)
- 1 cup lychee syrup
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn flour, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Marinate chicken with soy sauce, salt, sesame oil and sugar for 30 minutes.
- Roll chicken in corn flour and deep-fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- In another pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Stir fry garlic and ginger
for 1-2 minutes.
- Add sauce ingredients , and cook until sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken, lychees and chiles. Mix well,
and allow simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish and serve.