Malaysian Omelet (Telurdadar Biasa)
Malaysians serve this omelet in thin wedges.
- 2 cups mixed thinly sliced eggplant, green bell pepper and onion
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 green chile, seeded and finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 red chile, seeded and finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook 2 cups vegetables
in 1 tablespoon oil until tender; reserve. Cook chopped onion, chiles
and garlic in 2 tablespoons oil in 10-inch skillet until tender.
- Mix eggs, salt and pepper; pour into skillet. Cover and cook over
low heat until eggs are set and light brown on bottom, about 8 minutes.
- Cut eggs into wedges; spoon reserved vegetable mixture over omelet.
Makes 4 servings.