Mandarin Shrimp Stir Fry
- 20 peeled medium raw shrimp
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup bok choy
- 1 cup pea pods
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushrooms
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup carrots
- 2 cups store bought stir fry sauce
- 4 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Slice or chop all of the vegetables for the stir fry, reserve.
- Heat a large sauté pan or
wok over a high flame adding two tablespoons of sesame oil to the
wok or pan. Add the ginger, garlic, pepper flakes and orange zest
and sauté for 15 seconds.
- Add the shrimp and continue to sauté for another 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add all remaining vegetables to the sauté
pan or wok and continue to sauté for another 3 or 4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp stir fry sauce and the last tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Serve the shrimp stir fry over the jasmine rice and garnish with