Mix and Match Stir-Fry
Meat or Fish
- 1 pound shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound boneless pork, partially frozen and thinly sliced into bite-size strips
- 2 whole large boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound beef top round steak, partially frozen and thinly sliced into bite-size pieces
- 2 large carrots, thinly bias sliced
- 1 cup broccoli buds
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped Chinese cabbage
- 1 cup fresh pea pods, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges and seeded
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
Basics (use all)
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprouts or canned bean sprouts, drained, or 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained (optional)
- Prepare your choice of ingredients from meat or fish and vegetables
I and II categories; set aside.
- Stir water into cornstarch; stir in soy sauce and sherry. Set aside.
- In covered saucepan cook vegetable I in boiling salted water for
3 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
- Heat wok or large skillet over high heat; add cooking oil. Stir
fry garlic in hot oil for 30 seconds. Add green onions and stir
fry 1 minute.
- Add crunchy Ingredient and bean sprouts or bamboo shoots. Stir fry
1 to 2 minutes. Remove from wok. Add vegetables I and II. Stir fry
1 minute. Remove from wok.
- Add more oil, if necessary. Add half of the meat or fish to wok
or skillet; stir fry 2 to 3 minutes or till browned. Remove meat
or fish. Stir fry remaining meat or fish 2 to 3 minutes. Return
all meat or fish to wok. Add Crunchy Ingredient and bean sprouts
or bamboo shoots.
- Stir soy sauce mixture; stir into wok. Cook and stir until thickened
and bubbly. Return Vegetables I and II to wok; cover and cook 1
- Serve over rice.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.