- 1 (12 ounce) chuck steak, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small onion
- 3 whole green onions
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or to taste
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cellophane noodles or steamed rice
- If cellophane noodles are used, prepare them
first, following directions on the package. Deep fry, according
to package. Slice beef thinly into 1 1/2 x 1/2-inch pieces. Slice
carrots, onions and green pepper into thin strips. Cut the whole
green onions into halves or thirds and slice lengthwise into strips.
- In a small pan, combine oyster sauce, sesame oil, white wine,
salt, pepper, Hoisin sauce and hot red pepper sauce. Heat to simmer
and set aside.
- In a wok or heavy frying pan, add peanut oil
and heat until very, very hot. Stir-fry beef and garlic for 1 minute.
Add carrots, onions, green peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Add the
sauce mixture and stir.
- Combine 1/2 cup warm water and cornstarch
and add to the mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Place on deep fried cellophane noodles or white rice.
Can use fresh small cubes of chicken or thinly sliced barbecued pork.