- 1 (12 ounce) chuck steak, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small onion
- 3 whole green onions
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or to taste
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cellophane noodles or steamed rice
- If cellophane noodles are used, prepare them
first, following directions on the package. Deep fry, according
to package. Slice beef thinly into 1 1/2 x 1/2-inch pieces. Slice
carrots, onions and green pepper into thin strips. Cut the whole
green onions into halves or thirds and slice lengthwise into strips.
- In a small pan, combine oyster sauce, sesame oil, white wine,
salt, pepper, Hoisin sauce and hot red pepper sauce. Heat to simmer
and set aside.
- In a wok or heavy frying pan, add peanut oil
and heat until very, very hot. Stir-fry beef and garlic for 1 minute.
Add carrots, onions, green peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Add the
sauce mixture and stir.
- Combine 1/2 cup warm water and cornstarch
and add to the mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Place on deep fried cellophane noodles or white rice.
Can use fresh small cubes of chicken or thinly sliced barbecued pork.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.