- 1 1/4 pounds skinned and boned chicken, 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diagonally sliced scallions
- Zest of 1/2 small orange, cut into 2 x 1/8-inch strips and blanched (use lemon zest)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon each reduced-sodium soy sauce and water
- 1 teaspoon each cornstarch, sugar, and rice vinegar
- 4 trimmed scallions, 4 inches long for garnish
- In glass
or stainless steel bowl combine chicken, 3 tablespoons of the sherry,
and the salt and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In 9-inch skillet or a wok, heat oil over medium-high heat;
add bell pepper, scallions, orange zest and garlic and cook, stirring
quickly and frequently, until vegetables are tender-crisp, about
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Add chicken
to skillet (or wok), increase heat, and stir-fry until chicken is
browned, about 5 minutes. Add reserved marinade, add remaining 3
tablespoons sherry, and the soy sauce, water, cornstarch, sugar,
and vinegar and stir to dissolve cornstarch. Pour over chicken mixture
and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Serve garnished with scallions.
Posted by WingsFan91 at Recipe Goldmine 9/5/2001 8:14 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes