- 1 1/4 pounds skinned and boned chicken, 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons
- 1/2 cup julienne-cut red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diagonally
- Zest of 1/2 small orange, cut into 2 x 1/8-inch
strips and blanched (use lemon zest)
garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon each reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon each cornstarch, sugar, and rice vinegar
- 4 trimmed scallions, 4 inches long for garnish
- In glass
or stainless steel bowl combine chicken, 3 tablespoons of the sherry,
and the salt and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In 9-inch skillet or a wok, heat oil over medium-high heat;
add bell pepper, scallions, orange zest and garlic and cook, stirring
quickly and frequently, until vegetables are tender-crisp, about
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Add chicken
to skillet (or wok), increase heat, and stir-fry until chicken is
browned, about 5 minutes. Add reserved marinade, add remaining 3
tablespoons sherry, and the soy sauce, water, cornstarch, sugar,
and vinegar and stir to dissolve cornstarch. Pour over chicken mixture
and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
garnished with scallions.
Posted by WingsFan91 at Recipe Goldmine 9/5/2001 8:14 am.
>> Asian Recipes