Oriental Ginger Chicken
- 4 chicken breast halves, skinned and; boned
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can Veg-All mixed vegetables, with liquid
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 cup quick cooking rice
- Cut chicken into 2-inch long strips.
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, garlic, onion, brown sugar and
1 teaspoon of the ginger in 1-quart bowl.
- Add chicken and stir until well coated.
- Heat oil in large skillet; stir-fry chicken until cooked.
- Meanwhile, place Veg-All,
water chestnuts (liquid included) in 2-quart saucepan with remaining
teaspoon of ginger; bring to boil.
- Stir in rice, remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken over rice and vegetables.
Yield: 4 servings
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/14/01 8:38:11
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.