Oriental Snow Peas with Shrimp
Snow Peas and Shrimp
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 pound medium size raw shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1 1/2 cups snow or sugar peas or 1 package frozen Chinese pea pods, thawed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and thinly sliced
- 3 scallions (including tops), thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 cup regular chicken broth
- Cooking Sauce: Stir together cornstarch and ginger.
- Stir in soy sauce, sherry and chicken broth. Set aside.
- Snow Peas and Shrimp: Place a wok over high heat; when wok is hot, add oil. When oil is hot,
add garlic and shrimp and stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Add pea pods
and stir fry for about 3 minutes (30 seconds if using frozen pea
- Add water chestnuts and onions; stir to mix. Stir Cooking
Sauce and add; stir until sauce boils and thickens and shrimp turn