Oven Fried Spring Rolls
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 cup trimmed snow peas, julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 (7-inch) square egg roll wrappers
- 4 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons hot Chinese mustard, optional
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a nonstick cooking sheet with nonstick
cooking spray, or line with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, and salt. Add the carrot, bell
peppers, snow peas, and bean sprouts: toss to coat. Place the egg
roll wrappers on a clean dry work surface. Divide the mixture evenly
among the wrappers; fold in the ends and roll up jellyroll fashion.
Brush each spring roll with 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil and place
on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the spring rolls are crisp on the bottoms; about 7 minutes; turn and bake until crisp all over,
about 5 minutes.
- Serve with mustard if desired.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 1/12/2002 11:16 am.