Grains such as rice signify abundance while pork is considered a symbol for progress.
- 1 cup short-grain, glutinous rice
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely minced scallions with tops
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger root
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Soak rice in cold water for at least six hours or overnight.
- Drain in colander and allow to dry completely.
- Mix the other ingredients into the pork, and refrigerate for one hour.
- Form the pork into 1-inch
size balls and roll in the dry rice, making sure that as much rice
as possible adheres to the pork balls.
- Refrigerate the rice-coated
balls for at least one hour.
- Bring water to a rolling boil in a
steamer. Place as many balls in the steamer basket as it will hold
without allowing them to touch. Steam for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with soy sauce for dipping.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.