This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Peppered Long Beans
Chinese long beans are about 1 to 3 feet long and taste like green beans without
strings. They're sold year-round in approximately 1-pound bunches. They come
in either light or dark green. I like the dark green ones, the more tender of the
two. Cook as you would green beans.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoons Szechuan peppercorns, slightly crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Dash Tabasco
- 1 pound Chinese long beans, rinsed and ends trimmed
- In a large skillet, bring all of the ingredients , except the beans, to a boil;
continue to boil until reduced by half.
- Add the beans, cover, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the cover; continue to cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until
the beans are tender yet still crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked beans to a serving dish. Continue to cook the liquid in the
skillet until it is reduced to 1/3 cup. Pour the sauce over the beans and serve
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 8/6/02 7:58:05 am.