Purple Rice Balls
- 2 cups sweet rice (Sho Chiku Bai)
- 2 tablespoons pirurutong rice (dark purple rice)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Add sweet rice and pirurutong rice in rice cooker, along with 2
cups of water.
- Mix the rice up to get the two rice types combined, and cook.
- When the rice is done, use a wooden spoon and fold in the remaining
ingredients . I find it easiest to do this while the rice pot is
still in the cooker.
- Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Get a baking sheet or flat pan that will fit in your refrigerator.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper.
- Use a small cookie dough scoop and scoop out balls of rice onto
baking sheet. Place sheet in refrigerator.
- Once the rice balls have cooled, they may be transferred to a container
for storage in the refrigerator.
Source: Hawaiian Electric Company