Quick Orange Beef
- 1 pound flank, sirloin or rib-eye steak
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest, plus a little juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas or snow peas
- If time allows, freeze the steak for up to 60 minutes to make it
easier to slice. Slice the beef as thinly as you can across the
grain. If you're cutting it so thinly that some of the meat
shreds, that's good.
- Combine beef with orange zest,
soy sauce, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper.
- Heat a wide,
heavy skillet or wok over high heat for a minute. Add vegetable
oil and heat another minute. Add garlic and when it turns light
brown (a few seconds) add the beef. Stir the beef 2 minutes. Add
peas and stir 2 minutes more, or until the beef has lost its red
- Squeeze half an orange over skillet ingredients and
stir to combine. Serve over rice.
Serves 4 to 6.
If you have leftovers: Chill rice and beef separately. When
ready to cook, heat 1 or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over high heat
in a wok or skillet. Add leftover rice and stir, breaking it up
with a spoon or fork. When it's broken up, add leftover beef
and stir to heat through. Add soy sauce or toasted sesame oil, as
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.