Roasted Sesame Chicken
- 1 (3 pound) roasting chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash chicken thoroughly and pat dry. Season
cavity with salt and pepper, and stuff with onion quarters and half
of a lemon. Brush skin with soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes before carving.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.