Roasted Sesame Chicken
- 1 (3 pound) roasting chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup dark soy sauce
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash chicken thoroughly and pat dry. Season
cavity with salt and pepper, and stuff with onion quarters and half
of a lemon. Brush skin with soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until juices run clear.
- Allow to rest for 20 minutes before carving.