- 1 pound beef boneless sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions (3 medium)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups hot cooked vermicelli
- Partially freeze the beef, about 1 1/2 hours. Cut beef diagonally
across grain into 1/8-inch slices.
- Mix sugar, soy sauce, pepper, green onions and garlic in glass or
plastic bowl. Stir in beef until well coated. Cover and refrigerate
30 minutes. Drain beef mixture.
- Heat sesame seed in 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently,
until golden brown. Remove sesame seed from skillet.
- Heat oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Cook beef mixture
in oil, stirring occasionally, until brown.
- Serve over vermicelli, sprinkled with sesame seed.
Yield: 4 servings