Sesame Chicken Strips
with Plum Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- 1 1/2 cups red plum jam
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Mix buttermilk, lemon juice, paprika, Greek seasoning, salt, pepper
and garlic together. Add chicken strips and mix until well coated.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain chicken thoroughly. Combine bread crumbs and sesame seeds and toss chicken to coat.
Place chicken in greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Mix margarine and shortening and brush on chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Plum Sauce: Heat all ingredients until just warm.