Sesame Chicken Strips
with Plum Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- 1 1/2 cups red plum jam
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Chicken: Cut chicken into strips.
- Mix buttermilk, lemon juice, paprika, Greek seasoning, salt, pepper
and garlic together. Add chicken strips and mix until well coated. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain chicken thoroughly. Combine bread crumbs and sesame seeds and toss chicken to coat.
Place chicken in greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Mix margarine and shortening and brush on chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Plum Sauce: Heat all ingredients until just warm.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.