Sesame Chicken 2
- 3 whole boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine or dry sherry a few drops sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 cup vinegar (for a sweeter sauce use less vinegar)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chili paste, or more if desired
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 3 1/2 - 4 cups peanut oil for deep-frying
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce: mix together all of the sauce ingredients .
Pour them into a small pot and bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
Turn the heat to low and keep warm while the chicken is deep-frying.
- To deep-fry the chicken: add the marinated chicken pieces a few
at a time, and deep-fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Repeat with remaining chicken.
- ust before you are finished deep-frying, bring the sauce back to
- Place the chicken on a large platter and pour the sauce over. Sprinkle
with sesame seeds.
- Serve with rice.
Serves 3 - 4, or 5 - 6 as part of a multi-course meal