This condiment-style sauce, adapted from Bruce Cost's
Asian ingredients , brings the flavor of toasted sesame seeds
to batter-fried foods or steamed dumplings.
- 2 tablespoons sesame paste from a jar (or creamy peanut butter in a pinch)
- 2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese rice wine) or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon white rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 to 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped scallions
- In a saucepan, combine the sesame paste, mirin, vinegar, salt, pepper and broth.
Mix vigorously. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and stir 1 to 2 minutes
- Stir in scallions.
Good with grilled meats or tofu and rice.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine on 2/6/2002, 9:29 am.