Shrimp Chow Mein
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 pound fresh shelled shrimp
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 6 to 8 ounces broccoli
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Thaw shrimp and halve large shrimp. Dissolve bouillon in boiling
water, set aside. Mix soy sauce and cornstarch together and add
to bouillon mixture. Set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat
2 tablespoons oil until hot. Stir-fry shrimp 6 to 8 minutes. Remove
shrimp and set aside.
- Add remaining oil and stir-fry onion,
mushroom and garlic for about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add bean sprouts and water chestnuts and stir-fry for 1 minute.
Add shrimp and onion mixture. Simmer approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Asian Recipes