Shrimp Egg Rolls (Chun Gurn)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon carrot, shredded
- 1 tablespoon celery, shredded
- 1 tablespoon scallions, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooked, minced shrimp
- Dash of pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Beat water, eggs and salt. Pour into flour.
- Grease a 7-inch skillet with the 1/4 teaspoon oil.
- Make pancakes by pouring egg mixture
into skillet and cooking on one side only for 1 minute. Cool completely.
- In a saucepan of water, boil the carrot and celery for 4 minutes.
Drain and cool. Add the scallions, salt, shrimp, pepper, oil and
sugar. Mix well.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon in the center of each pancake.
- Slightly beat 1 egg and use for sticking purposes when
rolling. Chill Egg Rolls.
- Fry at 360 degrees F in 2 inches
of oil, about 15 minutes per side.